4 Hour Class G License RENEWAL Course
Who is this course for? This course of for Florida licensed security professionals that hold a current Florida Class “G” Statewide Firearms License plus a current Florida Class D, C, CC, M, MA and MB licensed managers that need to carry or handle firearms in connection with their licensed activities.
Annual Renewal Requirement– Florida Statute 493 requires that all class G license holders, attend a 4 hour Renewal Course every year and that evidence of that course is sent to the Department of licensing immediately after taking the 4 hour renewal course. This requires that the security officer attends their first 4 hour renewal course before the Class G License reaches its first year anniversary. For example, if the security officer attended a Class G Course on February 15, 2015; the security officer would have to attend a 4 hour renewal course, and submit evidence of attending that course before February 15, 2016.
Legal Requirements: Florida Statute 493 requires that all security and investigations professionals maintain their active C, CC, D, M, MA or MB license in order to receive and retain a valid Class G license. Both license must be valid simultaneously. If either license expires, the individual will not be able to legally carry a firearm while on duty. In other words, the G license by itself will not allow you to carry a firearm. A Concealed Weapons License is a license for personal use and cannot be used to work armed.
During the final day of the class; students are recommended to bring the following items to the firearms range:
- A .38 caliber revolver and 150 rounds of .38 caliber ammunition plus a minimum of 3 speed loaders; or
- A 357 caliber revolver with 150 rounds of .38 caliber ammunition plus a minimum of 3 speed loaders; or
- A 9mm, .40 or a .45 caliber pistol with minimum of 3 magazines
- Quality duty holster and magazine pouches (No cross draw, shoulder holsters or ankle holsters)
- Comfortable shoes that provide protection from hot brass (No sandals allowed)
- Comfortable clothing (Shorts and “V”-neck shirts are not recommended). The use of Crew-Neck shirts is highly recommended.
- A baseball style bill-cap to protect eye area from hot brass
If you are bringing a handgun to the gun range, the firearm should be unloaded and encased. All firearms and ammunition will be inspected for safety prior to commencing live fire exercise.
Authorized Firearms and Calibers Chapter 493 Florida Statutes requires that Class G License applicants practice and qualify with one of the following firearms; a .38 caliber revolver or a 357 caliber revolver with .38 caliber ammunition; or a pistols of one of the following calibers;.380, 9mm, .40 or .45 ACP. Students that wish to use their own firearm during the range portion of the course may use them at the firearms range. However, no firearms or ammunition will be allowed at the classroom during the classroom portion of the class.
- Group Classes – $85 (student brings their ammo)
- 1) Class fees cover class lecture, practical training, testing, and range fees. 2) Students must bring their own handgun and ammunition unless they plan to rent the gun and, or purchase the ammunition from us.
- * All classroom sessions and range portion are held locally in Orlando Florida.
CALL FOR DATES
- IMPORTANT NOTES
- 1) Students must bring 150 rounds of NEW Factory Target Ammunition of the caliber they intend to qualify with. Acceptable calibers are .380, 9mm, 38 Special, .40, or 45 ACP.
- 2) Reloaded ammunition will not be accepted during any portion of the class.