Special Services Group North America LLC is currently accepting job applications for Part-Time and Full-Time Security/Loss Prevention positions in high Retail Stores in the Orlando Florida area.
Please read the job description and position requirements before applying. Additional salary information is provided bellow. Interested individuals must apply online and submit a resume containing the Florida Class D License number plus relevant experience.
Candidates considered for employment will be contacted for interview and asked to provide a list of 5 references with contact numbers for the background investigation portion of the hiring process.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Our human Resources office will evaluate applicant resumes and contact applicants based on experience detailed on resume and company needs. No job or application status information will be provided by our office or operators. Human Resources staff will contact job applicants directly.
Minimum Requirements for Loss Prevention Positions
- Must have professional demeanor and speak and write in English clearly
- Must be customer service oriented with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Must present a high level of maturity and be able to deal with and communicate with clients, customers and visitors in a courteous and diplomatic manner, even when they are rude or undeserving of such a professional demeanor
- Must report unusual incidents to management
- Must use a sense of urgency to respond to all emergency situations
- Must be able to act calmly and methodically while following all state and federal regulations when responding to incidents
- Must monitor daily activities at assigned areas to ensure policies and procedures are maintained
- Must follow all legal instructions from Client and from SSG supervisory and management staff
Physical and Mental Demands of the Position
- Must be able to stand constantly for up to an entire shift
- Frequent standing and walking will be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain
- Additional physical requirements may include frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching, handling and grasping while using phone, writing reports or performing other administrative tasks
- Must have good vision (corrected to 20/20 required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers
- Must have good hearing and hand and eye coordination
- Must be able to maintain a constant level of alertness, be able to effectively analyzes situations and remain calm in busy and noisy environments
- Must be able to make practical and realistic decisions while maintaining a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Must have a High School or GED Diploma per Chapter 493 Florida Statutes
- Must have successfully passed the Florida 40hr. Security Officer Course or completed a law enforcement academy as prescribed by Chapter 493 Florida Statutes
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable state laws
- Must have an active Florida Class “D” Security Officer License
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must satisfactorily pass background checks, background investigation and drug test
- Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally at all times with other security officers, facility personnel and other people in person, through phone and though hand-held radios
- Must meet and continue to meet any applicable state licensing requirements for Security Officers in the state of Florida as prescribed by Chapter 493 Florida Statutes
- Two years experience in High End Retail preferred
- All applicants must have a valid driver’s license and a valid security officer license during the duration of their employment
- If hired, employees are required to have reliable means of transportation and a working phone during the duration of their employment.
Salaries vary by project. However, minimum pay starts at $10.50/hr.
Required Experience: A minimum of 2 years of Unarmed security related experience preferably in a Loss Prevention and or a hospitality service oriented environment
Note: SSG will verify the state license information and the citizenship/immigration status of all candidates selected for potential employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
SPECIAL SERVICES GROUP NORTH AMERICA LLC IS A FLORIDA LICENSED SECURITY AGENCY WITH LICENSE NUMBER B-1500252